- To conduct a comprehensive and multi-sectoral mapping of NCD burden, civil society capacity, stakeholder engagement and policy environment for prevention and control of NCDs
- To develop a multi-sectoral NCD coalition and strategies prioritising civil society action and capacity building for NCD prevention and control
- To build the capacity of civil society actors in monitoring Government policies and promoting accountability towards India’s NCD targets Activities
- The project envisaged the development of the Healthy India Alliance (HIA) – a coalition of multidisciplinary Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) across the health and non-health sectors.
- HRIDAY serves as the Secretariat for the Alliance. The Alliance aims to augment collective civil society action and capacity to effectively advocate for policies towards the prevention and control of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs), through capacity building and patient engagement.
- The overall goal of the project is to develop an India NCD Alliance and strengthen collective civil society advocacy and capacity for meeting India’s NCD targets.
To learn more about the alliance and its impact, Click Here to visit Healthy India Alliance Website