Diabetes Awareness and Prevention Education
- Inculcated healthy lifestyle practices to prevent the burden of diabetes
- Raised awareness about diabetes prevention and healthy lifestyle among school-going children
- The program was implemented among students of grade VI and VII (9-13 years) in Delhi.
- The programme component included peer leader’s trainings and follow-up interactive activities at the school level.
- The program indicated a significant impact of the educative intervention which resulted in the improvement of knowledge and behavioral changes related to diabetes among school children.
- Sensitised 61451 students on Diabetes awareness and prevention in the second phase